Bauer Underground is hiring Field Engineers. Qualified candidates must be able to follow simple directions; perform a variety of duties, which may often change; work within standards of accuracy and safety. There will be times where overtime, Saturdays, and some travel will be mandatory.
Join our team and learn how fulfilling it is to be rewarded appropriately for your efforts while you develop your skills and learn the newest construction techniques in a fast-paced environment.
Purpose: The Field Engineer will oversee construction crews in the field as they build fiber optic networks and other utility projects. Must work closely with multiple construction crews, client representatives, and certain City and/or Government officials while maintaining a professional company image. You will ensure that Bauer Underground Employees and Subcontractors are provided the equipment and training to do the job, and that the workers perform their work safely and in adherence to contract specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe and instruct outside plant Subcontract construction crews in the field to ensure work is being done properly with minimal supervision.
- Track and inspect daily progress of construction crews in the field by physically verifying footages and structure placement.
- Tabulate and input construction progress of various pay units into spreadsheets and/or construction software for accurate billing and project progression to project supervisor.
- Read construction maps/staking sheets and can communicate needed requirements of the project to construction crews.
- Make in the field decisions with construction crews and Clients on changes to staked plant.
- Maintain accurate as built/redline maps to be given to Client at end of the project.
- Work directly with the public in a courteous and professional manner in dealing with customer complaints and concerns during the course of construction.
- Use various Microsoft products for emails, spreadsheets and photo editing.
- Must be able to use a Surface Pro in the field for viewing emails and taking pictures of design changes and utility damages.
- Attend required meetings with Client and City/Government officials while upholding professional company image.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in safe condition and that personal protective equipment (PPE) is available & used whenever necessary.
- Must be able to continuously mentor, communicate and demonstrate job skill, procedures and techniques to new hires.
- Must be able to use hand tools for various circumstances.
- Clean and maintain your company vehicle.
- Working safely and following company policies at all times, including but not limited to: Use of all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), attend and participate in all meetings and trainings, report any unsafe acts or conditions to Management immediately.
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Familiar with construction methods, including directional boring, plowing, excavating and aerial applications.
- Physically must be able to continuously sit, stand, walk, bend, squat for long periods of time. May lift and carry materials 5 – 25 pounds frequently, 25 – 50 pounds often, and 50 – 100 pounds occasionally.
- Read prints, plans and drawings to determine the work to be performed and resources required.
- Compliance with OSHA, DOT and other Federal, State and local regulations.
- An ability to work in various temperatures and terrains, for long hours in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts, and the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must be willing to travel, which may include overnight stays out of town.
- Ability to meet deadlines, perform under stress and achieve optimum results.
Bauer Underground, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay: $16.00 – $25.00 per hour