The Controller will plan and direct the accounting operations of the company.
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in job cost accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge of NE Dept of Revenue sales & use tax law for construction
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business Administration required.
- Ten years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Able to travel as needed.