We are adding an experienced heavy equipment/truck mechanic to our team! As our heavy equipment and truck mechanic, you will be responsible for inspecting engines and equipment, carrying out services, conducting repairs, and providing routine maintenance to the construction fleet. We have a wide range of equipment in our fleet, and we need someone to maintain it all with expert care.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Inspecting trucks, cranes, bulldozers, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
- Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Repairing damaged equipment parts.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
- Performing major repair work when necessary.
- Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
- Travel to the job site may be required.
Heavy Equipment/Truck Mechanic Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification as a heavy equipment mechanic is preferred.
- Proven work experience as a diesel or heavy equipment mechanic.
- Understanding of computer testing technologies.
- Ability to lift heavy machinery.
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and construction equipment.
- John Deere Equipment & Fleet Maintenance on Fords
- Ability to work after-hours if required.
- Good communication skills.
- Having the necessary tools to perform the repair tasks.
$25 – $35 an hour
Pay is determined by qualifications and experience. This position is an hourly position with a high probability of overtime.
EXCELLENT Benefit Package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, as well as other supplemental insurance options
- 401K – 4% company match
- PTO and Clothing Allowance
About Bauer Underground
Founded in 1997, we are a veteran-owned utility installation general contractor. With offices in Norfolk, Lincoln, Omaha, & Kearney, Bauer has been at the forefront of telecommunication utility installation across Nebraska. Through dedication to our craft and the hard work of our teams, we complete over 1,000 projects every year and have installed over 10,000 miles of fiber optic cable for some of the best telecommunications companies and public power districts in the region.
Bauer Underground is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and assure they will receive consideration regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.