We’re searching for an experienced Aerial Lineman to join the Bauer Underground team. As a member of Nebraska’s premier utility installation & infrastructure contractor, you will install, maintain, and repair overhead telecommunication and power lines at various worksites all while maintaining Bauer’s high safety standards.
- Omaha / Lincoln
Aerial Lineman Responsibilities:
- Installs operates and maintains underground and overhead facilities including cable and conductors, pole towers, and other structures.
- Responsible for following, instituting, and modifying maintenance or construction procedures, methods, or materials within guidelines to solve maintenance or construction problems.
- Performs all phases of the construction, operation, and maintenance of energized and de-energized facilities, while ensuring the safety of themselves, fellow workers, and the general public, in accordance with Bauer Underground procedures, policies, practices, and safety rules.
- Operates and maintains tools, equipment, and safety devices necessary for the construction and maintenance of streetlights, transmission lines, distribution lines, and the operation of substations.
- Performs minor services, adjustments, and repairs on tools of the trade along with assessing equipment condition to maintain reliability.
- Completes necessary forms and reports including work order forms, work tickets, timesheets, accident, and personal injury reports, etc.
- Serves as Supervisor in accordance with the Supervisor job description duties, when assigned.
- Performs UG cable fault locating as required by circumstances or level of work activity.
Aerial Lineman Requirements:
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) or ability to obtain one.
- Completion of a recognized program at a vocational school/college.
- Construction work experience involving line technician work with four years of progressively responsible experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Read and/or interpret technical drawings, blueprints, construction methods, and technical documents.
- Ability to apply national and local electrical and safety codes.
- Ability to apply knowledge of electricity fundamentals, theory, and basic circuitry.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Apply inventory maintenance, recordkeeping, and safety and loss control principles.
$60,000 – $90,000
This position is paid hourly with a high probability of overtime. The starting wage is determined by qualifications and experience.
EXCELLENT Benefit Package:
- Employer-paid Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, as well as other supplemental insurance options
- 401K- 4% company match
- PTO and Clothing Allowance
- And more! View all benefits at bauerunderground.com
About Bauer Underground
Founded in 1997, we are a veteran-owned utility installation general contractor. With offices in Norfolk, Lincoln, Omaha, & Kearney, Bauer has been at the forefront of telecommunication utility installation across Nebraska. Through dedication to our craft and the hard work of our teams, we complete over 1,000 projects every year and have installed over 10,000 miles of fiber optic cable for some of the best telecommunications companies and public power districts in the region.
Bauer Underground is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and assure they will receive consideration regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.